CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So amazing!!!!!

Lauren and I were sitting doing Bible today for school. I must admit we are a bit behind on the Bible curriculum I have and she was reading to me. When all of a sudden I was shocked by what I heard. This was the verse she was reading. It is talking about Abraham and Sarah when they are getting their new names. Lauren looked at me and said "Wow, Mom that is just like you."

"As for Sarai your wife, you are no longer to call her Sarai. Her name will be Sarah. I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations. Kings of peoples will come from her." (Genesis 17:15-16)

I couldn't believe it. I was named Sarah 31 years ago. Even then the Lord knew I would be a mother of nations. It just brought tears to my eyes. I'm doing exactly what the Lord created me to do. It was a huge confirmation for me today and I'm humbled by the ways the Lord shows us his favor. And thankful especially today for the name I've been given.

2 comments:

Mrs. Munchkin said...

I was just telling a friend today about you being a Mom of the United Nations. You amaze me! I feel so blessed to be able to call you friend.

I loved reading about Kiley. I can't wait to meet her!

Hugs,
Katie

jnt. said...

whoa! i just got goose bumps all over! that is SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a special word from the Lord just for you.