CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

A time to reflect

Today I came up to the beach all alone. It's not something I normally do. Usually there is a row of children following in my footsteps. But not today. Brian has all the girls and is taking them to a fun hotel for the night while I get out of town and have some quiet. What a fun Dad!

It's amazing what a few good hours of rest and silence will do for my heart and soul. I have some dear friends coming later today for the rest of the weekend so the silence will soon be filled with laughter. But in the mean time I'm taking the opportunity to rest in silence, think and write. I realized I get weary from meeting the needs of children so many hours in the day that when I have a few hours of silence I can be a better wife, mother and friend. So thankful today for all the sounds of 4 little children and the amazing, dedicated, love of a godly man. I'm blessed!

2 comments:

Mrs. Munchkin said...

Hope you enjoyed your time and weekend. Quiet time and girl time is a must to refresh your mind, body and soul!

Lynn Dorval said...

And your place would be the BEST place to relax and be quiet!! I can just picture it!! We ALL need that!! Hope you had a great time!!