CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Saying Goodbye

My friend Shelly says she hates goodbyes. And today I gotta tell you so do I! Mom and I flew out to Sacramento, CA on Tuesday. I received a call on Saturday afternoon that my precious, beautiful, hilarious friend Shelly Howard who has been battling breast cancer for over 3 years is in her final weeks. Hospice came on Tuesday to try and make her comfortable.

It just "feels" wrong. She is 37 with 5 darling children ages 3-11. We spent time playing with the kids, doing home work and then surprising Mom with Halloween a little early. SO FUN!!!

My visits with her and her lovely husband Anthony have not been sad or full of fear. They have been amazing conversations about heaven and what she is going to do there. When we asked her if she was afraid she said "NO... I'm really excited. I mean I get to see Jesus." She is an amazing mom, wife and to me a dear friend. She is one of those girls that make you laugh until your stomach hurts. I will miss her dearly but as she said last night. "I can't wait to hang... FOREVER". She promised to meet me at the gates of heaven and until that day arrives I'm anxious to see her face again and laugh FOREVER!

I'm so glad she is leaving behind her precious children for us to love on and laugh with. They are full of joy and their Mother has prepared them well for her passing. I love you Shelly and will miss you for a little while. Can't wait for FOREVER!!!
We are still laughing.....


Taylor


Anthony


Sydney


Shelby and Jaden


Homework with the girls

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Sarah, this post brought tears to my eyes. Can't even imagine all the extreme emotions everyone must be feeling in this situation. You, Shelly, and her family will definitely be in my prayers. It seems sometimes, that forever just can't come soon enough. Love you!

Mike and Kristen said...

Sarah,

I cannot imagine the depth of your sadness. I will surely be praying for you, Shelly and her family.

Much love,
Kristen

Mrs. Munchkin said...

Looks like despite the reason for your visit, a fun time was had by all. Your time there was certainly blessed. Hugs and prayers to you, Shelly and her family.