CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Fun in the snow

So since we don't have snow in Florida... EVER we thought we would take a family vacation to the snow. So we packed up all the kids last Friday and flew to Denver, CO. We then drove to Vail where we spent 4 days and 3 nights playing and having a blast in the snow. Thanks to my sister working for Marriott.
It was Kate's first trip to the cold. At the rental car place she stood inside as I walked out. I tried to get her to follow me because I was TRYING (key word) to pull too many pieces of luggage all at one time and get a 2 year old to follow along. Not a pretty picture. She stood inside and yelled NO NO NO... COLD! I thought "Oh man, we haven't even gotten to the cold stuff yet." : ) Once I was able to get her into the car she was fine. We weren't at the hotel for 10 minutes when the kids started to get all the snow gear out. I'm telling you getting 3 kids in snow clothes takes about 45 minutes. Not my idea of fun. Because by the time you are on number 3 the first one is sweating up a storm and complaining they are HOT. But off we went and they had a great time.
After our time in Vail we headed into Denver. We spent some time with my cousin David and his wife Danae and precious son Oscar. We also spent the day with the Roupp's. We met them down in Guatemala last year. Their daughter Ashlee is a few months older than Kate. It was a great time. We got home on Wednesday. We are so thankful for the opportunity to take the kids to Colorado.



Kate with her friend Ashlee Roupp we met in Guatemala. Her precious family we met in Guatemala and they will be forever friends.


Heading to the slopes... or I mean the playground.

Lauren
Emily
Katelyn

1 comments:

Jen said...

Kate and I semm to have a lot in common. I scream NO NO NO - COLD when FL drops to 50* so a trip to Denver will probably NEVER happen for me :-)

Looking forward to your pics.